Scope and Acceptance
This Policy reflects Alkion’s commitment to safeguard personal data – being information that is capable of identifying an individual – we obtain from you by visiting our website or otherwise. It applies to all individuals whose personal data is processed by us, whether you only use the Alkion website, you are a supplier, business partner or you are a customer.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Websites, mobile and desktop applications and possible related products.
Collection of personal data
Your personal data (hereinafter also referred to as “your data”) is data that allows your identification either directly (data such as name, and surname allows your immediate identification), or indirectly (data such as your postal code, your phone number or your contract number allows your identification indirectly). We might process your name, job title, work email address, work telephone number, mobile phone number, work address and/or IP address.
Personal data is collected in various ways. For example, we may ask for your personal data when you contact our commercial or customer service department, file a warranty claim, participate in an online survey or when you visit us at a tradeshow. Furthermore, personal data may be collected electronically when you visit our website, mobile and desktop applications.
In accordance with EU legislation, we provide you with the opportunity to “opt-in” to receive emails from us at the time we ask you for information. In addition, whenever we contact you via email, we will also provide instructions on how to unsubscribe so that you will not receive any future emails or mail from us if you choose.
Purpose of collecting personal data
We may collect, store and use your personal data for the following purposes:
For the performance of our agreement with you:
- to fulfill our obligations under any commercial or service agreement or any other agreement between you and us;
- provide customer care services, such as facilitating your requests for information.
To comply with our legal obligations:
- any personal data we collect may be used to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as supervisory bodies, fiscal authorities or investigation bodies. This includes the use of data prevention and detection of terrorist offences and other serious forms of crime
For our legitimate commercial interests:
- we can ask your opinion on our services and to conduct surveys and improve our services
- to provide you with information such as on new services, business opportunities and company information.
- When legally required we will ask your consent to provide you with information such as on new services, business opportunities and company information.
Sharing your personal data
We may share, make available or transmit your personal data within the Alkion companies (www.alkion.com) for the purposes described above, who will only use your personal data for the purposes outlined herein, and will be subject to the same data protection rules as set forth in this Policy.
In addition, we share personal data with third parties who assist us in providing products and services to you and service providers who provide services such as IT support, cloud service providers, debt collection, marketing and advertising. They are always required to keep the disclosed personal data confidential and use it only for the purpose of disclosure. In providing their services, they will access, receive, maintain or otherwise process your personal data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your personal data for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require such third-party suppliers to adequately safeguard your personal data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
Protection of the Data
Alkion is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal data and to implementing appropriate security measures to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse, unintentional modification or disclosure of your data:
- By updating security measures as the technology evolves, as needed
- By ensuring that your data are not accessible to unauthorized persons
- By requesting a proof of identity before being able to provide you with any personal information about you as part of the security procedures
- By performing periodic back-ups and storing this data on secure servers
- By deleting or anonymizing your data at the end of the legal or contractual period or if Alkion does not need it any more for the for the purposes for which the personal data was collected.
Transfer of personal data
In most cases your personal data will be processed within the European Union. However, please be informed that we may transfer and process any personal data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence. The laws of these countries may not provide the same level of protection to your personal data. Alkion or our suppliers we use will therefore seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer, more in particular for personal data transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. This means that we entered into legally necessary contracts with recipients of your data, including standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission or other supervisory authority where required.
In accordance with the law, a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure and a right to portability of your data exists. In certain cases, you also have the right to object to or restrict its processing. These rights are free and can be exercised at any time.
- Right of access: You have the right to access the data concerning you and to receive a copy.
- Right of rectification: Alkion takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the data it holds is up-to-date and to delete data that is incorrect or no longer required for processing. If you find that your data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct it.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances – for example when you withdraw your consent or when the processed data is no longer necessary for the purpose of the processing – you have the right to ask Alkion to delete your data.
- Right to restrict the processing: you may request the limitation of the processing of your data, in which case your data will no longer be processed (but will be retained).
- Right to data portability: you have the right to the data you have provided being transmitted to you in a structured format,
- Right of opposition: when the processing of your data is based on a legitimate interest, you have the right to object to it at any time. However, be aware that in this case, Alkion has the right to present you with its legitimate reasons justifying the continuation of processing. You also have the right to object to receiving emails from us for marketing purposes.
- When the processing by Alkion is based on your consent, you can withdraw it at any time. This withdrawal will not affect the legality of the processing of your data during the period preceding your withdrawal of consent.
To exercise your rights, simply contact email@example.com). When you send Alkion an application relating to your rights, please provide your full contact details (name, surname, e-mail(s), full postal address).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in your country if you consider that the collection and use of your personal data infringes this Policy or applicable law.
When data is used to provide services, this data is kept for a reasonable period limited to the accomplishment of the objective pursued during its collection, including for the minimum amount of time necessary to perform the technical measures necessary to delete or anonymise the data.
If we rely on your consent for the use of your personal data, we will stop using such data after you have withdrawn your consent; the data will be kept for the minimum amount of time necessary to accomplish the necessary technical measures to delete or anonymize the data.
In any case, data is kept for the statutory limitation period or any other period of retention that would be required by law.
This Policy may be updated from time to time so please check back periodically.
Last modified: 25 May 2018